Wiccan Rede of Chivalry
This code is given to all witches
to follow and a sign of respect towards the
deities and to their brothers and sisters within the craft.
1. Chivalry is a high code of honor, which is of most ancient pagan origin,
and must be lived by all who follow the Old Ways.
2. It must be kenned that thoughts and intent put forth on this Middle-Earth
will wax strong in other worlds beyond, and return-bringing into creation
on this world, that which has been sent forth. Thus one should exercise
discipline, for " as yea plant, so shall yea harvest"
3. It is only that by preparing our minds to be as Gods that we can ultimately
4. This above all "to thine ownself be true"
5. A witch's word must have the validness of a signed and witnessed oath.
Thus give your word sparingly, and adhere to it like iron.
6. Refrain from speaking ill of others, for not all truths of the matter may
7. Pass not unverified words about another, for hearsay is, in large part,
thing of falsehoods.
8. Be thou honest with others, and have them know that honestly likewise is
expected from them.
9. The fury of the moment plays folly with the truth, to keep ones head is